ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE COORDINATOR
$35,000 to $40,000
Education Requirements: High School or Certification
- Responsible for the collections process for all services performed by assigned branches and any additional requirements in relation to billing and collecting from Medicaid, third party insurers or other payer sources such as schools, pharmacies, or private pay parties.
- Review remittance advices for claim denials and requests for additional information.
- Maintain current documentation of claim status.
- Follow-up with Medicaid and third party insurance carriers on unpaid claims and follow through to full resolution.
- Re-bill claims as needed, make adjustments to those bills as dictated by the Remittance Advices.
- Initiate contact with multiple provider representatives and partner with them to resolve issues.
- Research and resolve payment discrepancies.
- Prepare reports as required.
- Keep updated on all third party billing requirements and changes for insurance types within their area of responsibility.
- Assist in maintenance of files and accounts receivable documentation.
- Complete work within authorized time to assure compliance with timely filing deadlines and departmental standards.
- Facilitate adjustments and write-offs as needed.
- Become familiar with various medical billing software and websites used to research past medical claims.
- Provide assistance to branches and other duties as assigned.
- Medical Billing experience ABS.
- Two years experience in medical or related billing field preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
Apply for this position: