$75,000 to $200,000
Education Requirements: Bachelor's Degree / CPA
Tax professionals, we are seeking a Tax Manager / VP for a large, independently owned CPA firm.
"SIGN ON BONUS AVAILABLE"
- Great opportunity for an experienced tax leader to be a consultant, researcher, and firm wide resource on complex tax issues.
- Handle domestic and international tax matters, mergers and acquisitions and special tax projects, including high-level research preparation and review.
Key responsibilities include the following:
- Proactive domestic and international tax planning and coordination of tax strategies with client engagement team.
- Management of tax issues related to mergers and acquisitions from either the buyer or seller perspective.
- Complex tax research in response to client tax matters and preparation of research memos in a wide range of technical areas.
- Training of tax personnel in general areas, new developments and tax research approaches and techniques.
- Management of IRS exams.
- Correspondence with the clients and tax authorities, preparation of internal memos.
This is a unique opportunity for someone with 8+ years of progressive public accounting, law firm, or corporate income tax management experience who can lead and develop a team to the next level. Depending on the personal strengths and skills of the candidate from either an industry or technical perspective, there is also an opportunity to serve as a traditional management-level tax professional on multiple accounts to supplement the primary focus described above.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting is required.
- CPA certification is required.
- JD optional but valued.
- 8+ years of income tax experience in a public accounting or a law firm setting.
- Experience with complex tax issues, researching new IRS rulings and sharing your expertise and knowledge with both other professionals and clients.
- Income tax and project management experience.
- Team leader who enjoys working with a team and mentoring staff.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and effective oral and written communication skills.
- Integrity within a professional environment and a dedication to teamwork.
Apply for this position: