HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER
To $150,000 + Package
San Francisco, CA
Education Requirements: Bachelor's degree required in Human Resource Management or related field. PHR and/or SPHR preferred.
Overview of the Role:
Responsible for providing human resource management and services to all lawyers and staff in the California offices of international law firm and fulfills an integral role as one of the firm-wide human resources team.
Duties & Responsibilities:
General HR Administration
• Manage and coordinate personnel activities in the California offices to include Implementation and coordination of firm and office policies and procedures, EEO compliance, compensation administration, recruiting/hiring/orientation process, training programs, evaluation process, terminations, human resources management system and administration of employment information and records.
• Liaison for communication and coordination with the D.C. Human Resources department regarding California employee matters.
• Coordinates the annual evaluation process and administration of employment information, benefits, and records with the California Director of Administration and the DC Human Resources department.
• Management of HR Assistant, support staff and HR workflow in California.
• Advise and assist attorneys, managers, and staff in the handling of employee complaints and/or grievances and determination of appropriate disciplinary actions.
• Assists supervisors and managers and counsels staff not meeting firm standards and discusses improvement methods; guides attorneys and supervisors through progressive discipline with individual staff members.
• Recommend various personnel actions including, but not limited to hiring, performance appraisal, disciplinary actions and vacation schedules.
• Ensure legal compliance in all areas including EEO regulations, Title VII, FMLA, ADA, FSLA, HIPPA, Workers Compensation, labor law postings and other Federal and local laws and statutes.
• Develop, implement and maintain recruitment, screening, interviewing and hiring procedures for the California offices.
• Ensure written job descriptions are maintained and thorough screening of all prospective candidates.
• Process background and reference checks for all new hires.
• Development of relationships with employment agencies.
Compensation & Evaluation Administration
• Manage and participates in the timely administration of employee annual evaluations for all California offices.
• Receives feedback from lawyers on secretarial support incorporates information into the evaluation process.
• Assists managers in communicating all performance evaluation information to employees.
General Office Administration Duties:
• Under direction from the California Director of Administration, perform administrative duties related to the San Francisco office including:
monitoring compliance with Firm policy regarding time entry and staff time sheets
• Coordinates temporary employees for special assignments.
• Participates as a part of the firm-wide HR team and from time-to-time takes responsibility for firm-wide projects.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Regular travel and availability at all California offices
• Timely and regular attendance.
• Bachelor's degree required in Human Resource Management or related field. PHR and/or SPHR preferred.
• Five years' experience in human resources management position preferred.
• Two years’ supervisory responsibility preferred.
• Two years’ general office management experience preferred.
• Strong computer skills required.
Apply for this position: