To $81,100 + Package
San Francisco, CA
Education Requirements: Bachelor’s degree required.
The San Francisco office of international law firm is seeking an Attorney Recruiting & Professional Development Assistant to provide general administrative support to its California offices' attorney recruiting and training departments, with a focus on lateral recruitment administrative functions. Requires bachelor’s degree and at least three years of legal human resources, recruiting or professional development experience in a law firm.
- Provides administrative support for human resources, benefits and recruiting activities for all California offices for attorneys and staff.
- Creates and maintains employee records in both employee personnel files and Human Capital Management System (HCM).
- Maintains and updates employee Orientation and Benefits packages.
- Coordinates new employee orientation schedules for attorneys and staff.
- Provides administrative support during evaluation process to CA Human Resources Manager.
- Coordinate efforts, where necessary, with other administrative departments throughout the firm, including Recruiting, Human Resources, Library, Information Systems, Marketing, Operations, etc.
- Responsible for administrative support of summer associate, judicial clerk, and lateral associate recruiting programs.
- Monitor and update applicant information in recruiting database (viRecruit). Update legal recruiting reports throughout the year.
- Work closely with CA Legal Recruiting and Professional Development Manager to coordinate the summer program, including but not limited to orientation, social events, educational programs, arrival and departure memos, and exit interviews.
- Compile various internal lists to track data regarding the summer associate program. This includes, but is not limited to, practice group interests, social interests, social event guest lists, and summer associate arrival and departure dates.
- Assist with scheduling the on-campus interviewing (OCI) program and callback interview process as it pertains to law school registration and other OCI-related logistics, scheduling callback interviews, and scheduling post-offer recruiting events, including “second-look” visits.
- Assist with scheduling lateral associate and judicial clerk candidate interviews.
- Provide administrative support for training programs run in the California offices and logistical support for California attorneys attending programs in other offices.
- Maintain MCLE database to collect and record data on all training and development activity. Collect and record program evaluations. Provide analysis and generate periodic and special reports.
- Assist with coordinating all aspects of MCLE administration and record-keeping including tracking attorney compliance. Monitor MCLE requirements for purposes of firm compliance with accreditation requirements. Coordinate with other Firm offices regarding local MCLE requirements.
- Provides administrative support during the evaluation process to CA Legal Recruiting and Professional Development Manager.
- Coordinate live and distance learning program logistics.
- Engage in special projects, as assigned, including identified data tracking and report generation.
- Requires bachelor’s degree and at least three years of legal human resources, recruiting or professional development experience in a law firm.
- Excellent interpersonal, and written and oral communication skills. Proven ability to interact in a professional manner with attorneys, staff, and personnel at all levels.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks efficiently.
- Ability to work in a collegial team environment, as well as to take initiative and work independently. Excellent client service orientation.
- Strong computer skills, familiarity with database search and data entry, preferably a human resource or learning management system. (Knowledge of viRecruit is a plus.)
- Strong skills in Microsoft Outlook and Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Familiarity with videoconferencing and other technologies related to training.
Apply for this position: