Near Concord BART Station
Education Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree and Paralegal certificate.
Civil Litigation Paralegal needed with at least 3 – 5 years’ experience. Must have paralegal certification and be familiar with the civil litigation process in California. Excellent proofreading skills. Strong computer skills required, including Microsoft Office products and various litigation support databases. Excellent working environment. Close to Concord BART station. Prefer temp-to-hire but open.
- Summarizing records, including medical records, and generating useful summaries (which could be attached to status reports) or indexes (which could be used to help attorneys identify/locate documents to support specific issues or objectives).
- Drafting preliminary discovery responses;
- Drafting answers and/or simple cross complaints;
- Generating some discovery requests, including depo notices, document requests;
- Preparing CMC statements (which Virginia typically at least starts for me);
- Helping with trial preparation and large motions (such as MSJs) with things like proofreading separate statements, locating and identifying exhibits, drafting simple motions, etc.
- Help do motions in limine and arbitration prep as well
- Three to five years of experience as a paralegal;
- Experience in MS Word, Excel, and Outlook;
- Proficiency with Westlaw;
- Able to format pleadings and briefs in MS Word;
- Able to create Tables of Contents and Tables of Authorities;
- Familiarity with the Bluebook and checking legal citations;
- Experience with CM/ECF in federal courts;
- Strong communication and organization skills;
- Knowledge of federal and state court rules and procedures;
- Bachelor’s Degree and a Paralegal certificate.
Apply for this position: