DIRECTOR OF SALES AND MARKETING
$60,000 to $80,000 Base Plus Commission
Education Requirements: Bachelor's Degree
- Responsible for planning and implementing sales, marketing and product development programs, both short and long range, targeted toward existing and new markets by performing the following duties personally or through subordinates.
- Manage all employees of the department and responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within that department.
- Develop and implement strategic marketing plans and sales plans and forecasts to achieve corporate objectives for products and services.
- Develop and manage sales/marketing operation budgets.
- Plan and oversee advertising and promotion activities including print, online, electronic media, and direct mail.
- Develop and recommend product positioning, packaging, and pricing strategy to produce the highest possible long-term market share.
- Achieve satisfactory profit/loss ratio and market share in relation to preset standards and industry and economic trends.
- Ensure effective control of marketing results, and take corrective action to guarantee that achievement of marketing objectives falls within designated budgets.
- Oversee and evaluate market research and adjust marketing strategy to meet changing market and competitive conditions.
- Monitor competitor products, sales and marketing activities.
- Establish and maintain relationships with industry influencers and key strategic partners.
- Guide preparation of marketing activity reports and present to executive management.
- Establish and maintain a consistent corporate image throughout all product lines, promotional materials, and events.
- Direct sales forecasting activities and set performance goals accordingly.
- Direct staffing, training, and performance evaluations to develop and control sales and marketing programs.
- Direct market channel development activity and coordinate sales distribution by establishing sales territories, quotas, and goals.
- Represent company at trade association meetings to promote product.
- Meet with key clients, assisting sales representative with maintaining relationships and negotiating and closing deals.
- Coordinate liaison between sales department and other sales related units.
- Analyze and control expenditures of division to conform to budgetary requirements.
- Assist other departments within organization to prepare manuals and technical publications.
- Prepare periodic sales report showing sales volume, potential sales, and areas of proposed client base expansion.
- Review and analyze sales performances against programs, quotes and plans to determine effectiveness.
- Direct product research and development.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Sales, Marketing, Business Administration or equivalent number of years of experience
- 10 years of related experience with progressive management experience
- Communication Proficiency
- Customer/Client Focus
- Presentation Skills
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Results Driven
- Strategic Thinking
- Technical Capacity
Apply for this position: