Redwood City, CA
Education Requirements: BS/BA from an accredited college or university or paralegal certificate.
A mid-level litigation paralegal with work experience gained at AmLaw 100 firms or specialized litigation boutique law firms working on complex litigation, investigation, and/or arbitration matters.
- Working with more senior paralegals and/or attorneys, perform all elements of litigation case management, including document and file management, case calendaring, discovery support, and trial prep and logistics activities.
- On a case-specific basis, coordinate and oversee the tasks of more junior paralegals and other support staff as needed.
- Interact with outside entities (e.g. courts, government agencies, expert witnesses, corporations, vendors and other law firms) to coordinate activities as needed in support of assigned cases.
- Draft, review, and/or analyze routine legal documents as requested by attorneys; conduct legal research under attorney supervision.
- Create and maintain effective working relationships with others to facilitate a positive and productive work environment.
- Continuously refining, developing and expanding skills in anticipation of changes in the work environment or profession.
- At least two years work experience as a litigation paralegal in an Amlaw AmLawirm or suitable specialized litigation or other dispute resolution firm.
- Experience with all stages of litigation, including use of current e-discovery database tools, modern e-filing practices, and trial preparation activities required; experience working at trial or arbitration proceedings strongly preferred.
- Ability to communicate (both written and verbal) with individuals at all levels of the firm in an appropriate and professional manner; strong service orientation, sense of accountability and attention to detail.
- Ability to take ownership of projects and proactively handle all paralegal responsibilities without prompting from administration or attorneys.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate and perform multiple tasks simultaneously; work equally well as part of a team in both a leadership and subordinate role; and excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to work well under deadlines and pressure typical of complex modern litigation, investigation, and arbitration matters.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software products including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Proficient with cite-checking, Bluebook rules, and California Style Manual preferred.
- Available for overtime work and reasonable business travel as needed.
Apply for this position: