To $131,900 Starting!
San Francisco, CA
Education Requirements: BA or BS degree from an accredited college or university is required.
As part of firm-wide Litigation Support Services, this position is responsible for assisting with the management of the firm’s paralegal program and, in particular, the supervision of the CA office paralegal staff. This position will involve making case assignments and coordinating work schedules of the paralegals in the CA offices; assisting with recruiting; occasionally taking a lead role in the initiation of new projects; mentoring paralegals and promoting best practices; evaluating the effectiveness of existing training programs and facilitating necessary enhancements. The position is a working supervisor position with an annual billable hour target of 500 hours.
- Assigning projects to paralegals, coordination workloads, workflow, and demand forecasts on cases with the paralegal manager and supervisors in other offices; and assisting with projects when necessary to ensure best practices are used and deadlines are met.
- Liaise with firm attorneys and staff as needed to ensure paralegal services meet or exceed expectations.
- Assist in the capture, analysis and effective use of business metrics for the department, such as utilization and billable hours, workload distribution, client satisfaction, and work product quality.
- Coordinating with LSS department management, CA office management, and HR for the recruitment paralegals in CA; and ensure effective orientation and onboarding.
- Providing continuing education for paralegals by creating, coordinating, and presenting in-house training programs, as well as identifying ad hoc training opportunities on projects.
- Maintaining administrative records, such as attendance and PTO.
- Participating in the annual evaluation process, as well as providing regular feedback and constructive criticism.
- Resolving personnel problems, up to and including drafting written recommendations for disciplinary action and termination.
- Interact with outside entities (e.g. government agencies, expert witnesses, corporations, vendors and other law firms) to gather information or coordinate activities as needed.
- Utilize information systems and procedures, or establish new procedures to facilitate the organization and retrieval of documents by and for the attorneys on the case teams.
- Draft, review, and or analyze routine legal documents as requested by attorneys.
- Performing other duties as directed by firm management.
- At least 2 years’ experience as a litigation paralegal in a comparable law firm or corporate legal setting is required.
- At least 4 years of supervisory experience, is strongly preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, and excellent organizational skills.
- Available to work overtime as required, and ability to work independently and under pressure.
- Proficiency with current Microsoft Office software suite.
- Thorough understanding of the civil litigation process.
- Must be qualified to practice as a paralegal under CA state law.
Apply for this position: