$42,000 - $45,000
Education Requirements: High School
- Proficiency and skills necessary for setting up and maintaining client file.
- Assists in drafting correspondence, pleadings and filing of same.
- Proofreads and reformats as requested with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Maintains case team calendar by planning & scheduling conferences, depositions, case management deadlines and relevant reminders pertaining to attorney dockets.
- Organizes client conferences and attorney meetings and schedules couriers, court reporters, caterers, expert witnesses and other special functions and services.
- Follows up on delegated assignments; knowing when to act and when to refer matters to attorney or case team.
- Maintains composure in high-stress scenarios.
- Responsible for providing occasional back-up support for receptionist.
- Responsible for tracking and entering time.
- Maintains client confidence by keeping client/attorney information confidential.
- Demonstrates strong multi-tasking and time management skills, ability to successfully prioritize, and commitment to team work & collaboration.
- Performs general clerical duties including, but not limited to: photocopying, faxing, scanning, mailing, printing and filing & other duties as assigned.
- 5+years of experience in law firm environment involved in litigation.
- On-site trial support experience.
- Must have strong customer/collaboration skills, proficiency with equipment & applications including: Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Mail Merge, Adobe Acrobat, OCR Software, Internet Explorer, WordPerfect, Time Slips, TABS, Practice Master.
- Excellent oral and written communication, keen attention to detail, dependability, professionalism, and strong client relationships (internal and external).
- Must be self-directed and have excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Typing 60 w.p.m. & ability to use multi-line telephone system.
Apply for this position: